SimpliVity is pleased to announce the availability of the SimpliVity OmniCube with VMware vRealize Automation Reference Architecture – a private cloud reference architecture featuring “out of the box” compatibility between SimpliVity OmniCube and VMware vRealize Automation (vRA) and vRealize Orchestration (vRO).
VMware’s vRA accelerates the delivery and management of IT infrastructure, applications, and custom services by employing policy-based governance and logical application modeling. This ensures private cloud services are delivered at the right size and service level for the task that needs to be performed. Full lifecycle management for virtual machines is achieved by enabling a multi-tenant approach, leveraging VMware’s vRO for creation, management, and maintenance of virtual resources via the use of fully customizable orchestrations.
The OmniStack Data Virtualization Platform is the core technology powering SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure. It solves the IO and data mobility challenges by only transferring de-duplicated and compressed data, globally. This technology enables fast and ultra-efficient services that can be leveraged by vRA orchestration to solve business problems:
- Move – Move multiple VMs across data centers to achieve automated VM mobility
- Clone – Clone multiple VMs to quickly create new systems
- Backup – Edit and apply backup policies to VMs to ensure the proper level of data protection either locally or to a disaster recovery site
- Restore – Fast restore of VMs for recovery
The combination of the Data Virtualization Platform with vRA and vRO provides a highly scalable approach for automating tasks that enable business users to leverage the power of virtualization via a self-service portal that supports multi-tenancy. Some of the solutions include:
- Disaster Recovery: Disaster recovery automation can be accomplished by leveraging vRA and SimpliVity’s native backup and restore functionality. Fully scripted recoveries can be easily achieved using a common interface within vRA.
- Automate and orchestrate the creation of development and test environments: Quickly and easily create development environments by implementing workflows that leverage orchestrations to clone and deploy VMs in a repeatable fashion. This results in significant savings in time and virtual resources while improving the accuracy of configuration when building multiple systems.
- Multi-tier web and database applications: Applications that require complex configurations with multiple tires of applications and VMs can be automatically deployed without the need for administrator intervention by creating workflows that incorporate SimpliVity functions to clone, move, and backup.
Want to find out more? Read the Reference Architecture or watch our video and see how SimpliVity and vRA are Simplifying IT.