It feels like just last week the SimpliVity team was in Las Vegas for Cisco Live. Now, we’re headed back for VMworld. And we couldn’t be more excited for this year’s event. With a ton of interesting panels, sessions, and demos all in the works, this year should be a lot of fun.
But, before we kick things off at VMworld, we will first be at the Intel Storage Builders Summit at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. SimpliVity’s activities at the Intel event will begin with our VP of Product Strategy, Jesse St. Laurent, participating in a panel discussion about how market leaders and new companies are leveraging virtualization in the industry’s new ecosystem to take advantage of next-generation storage platforms. Jesse will also be interviewed by Intel’s Gary McCulley during a live Intel “Chip Chat” podcast after the ecosystem presentation. SimpliVity and Intel have a few more joint activities scheduled for during VMworld.
With all the new announcements we’ve made over the past week, we have a ton of new and exciting demos to show off to the crowd at VMworld. Some of the demos you will see at the SimpliVity Theater this year include:
- All Flash: A data center which has our all flash systems and you can see the performance live
- RapidDR: See how to recover from disasters using RapidDR live
- OmniView: The VMworld rig is being monitored by our OmniView which provides the predicative analytics
- VDI Horizon 7: See how Horizon 7 is deployed on SimpliVity and how to recover from a disaster in VDI environments with RapidDR.
SimpliVity, our partners, and our customers will also be involved in and hosting a number of panels, sessions, and presentations at this year’s VMworld. Our breakout sessions will kick off with a customer presentation from Jason Nord at Land O’ Lakes with his discussion of how his team moved to hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Monday, 12:30 – 1:30p.m. in the South Pacific F, Level 1, Mandalay Bay Convention Center – “The Making of a Legend-Dairy Software-Defined Data Center,” by Jason Nord, Land O’ Lakes. INF8663
- Monday, 2:00 – 3:00p.m. South Pacific I, Level 1, Mandalay Bay Convention Center – “Virtualized Extended Distance RAC on Hyperconverged Infrastructure in a Private Cloud – The Perfect Marriage of Availability and On-Demand Scalability,” featuring Marlin McNeill, Yucca Group. VIRT9132.
- Monday, 2:30 – 3:30p.m. South Pacific D, Level 1, Mandalay Bay Convention Center – “Rethinking Data Protection: The Rise of Hyperconverged Infrastructure and Built-In Backup and Disaster Recovery” by Jesse St. Laurent. STO9967-SPO.
SimpliVity partners, customers, and representatives will be giving presentations throughout the event. Stu Miniman, of Wikibon and SiliconANGLE, sat down with SimpliVity CEO Doron Kempel, our VP of product strategy, Jesse St. Laurent just before the event to discuss our recently launched solutions, and he’ll be speaking with our VP of global channel Sales, George Hope, and a panel of SimpliVity customers in our booth during the show:
- Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. – Stu to interview customer panel. The customers will include TravelPort and Pitt Ohio.
- Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. – Stu to interview George Hope.
Lastly, if you are at VMworld, you can join in the fun in a couple of ways. First, we will be serving ice cream at our booth throughout the event. So, if you’ve got a sweet tooth, get in line. Second, we will be giving away daily prizes to people who tweet to @SimpliVityCorp about out #VMworld presentations. With that in mind, you’ll want to pay special attention to this full list of presentations.
- 1:45 p.m. – Jesse St. Laurent participates in the Intel Storage Builders Summit ecosystem panel at the Mandalay Bay South Convention Center Level 2, Reef B/C
- Following the panel, Jesse St. Laurent is interviewed by Intel’s Gary McCulley in a “Chip Chat” live podcast
- 6:00p.m. – Jason Shiplett presents “What’s New with End User Computing and SimpliVity” in the SimpliVity Theater
- 1:00 p.m. – Vivek Sarathy of Intel and Jesse St. Laurent present “3 Ways to Move Beyond Storage Challenges with Intel on SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure” in the SimpliVity Theater
- 2:00 p.m. – SimpliVity presents in Lakeside’s booth
- 2:00 p.m. – Matt Vogt presents “Extreme ROBO: Enterprise Grade for the Remote Office” in the SimpliVity Theater
- 3:30 p.m. – SimpliVity and Turbonomic present “SimpliVity and Turbonomic: Assure Application Performance for Tier-1 Workloads” in Turbonomic’s Theater
- 4:00 p.m. – Scott Lowe presents “Hyperconverged Infrastructure Market Trends” in the SimpliVity Theater
- 12:45 p.m. – NVIDIA and SimpliVity present “Windows 10, Office Apps, and Graphics Virtualization: Is Your VDI Ready?” in the NVIDIA Booth
- 1:00 p.m. – NVIDIA and SimpliVity present “Windows 10, Office Apps, and Graphics Virtualization: Is Your VDI Ready?” in the SimpliVity Theater
- 2:00 p.m. – Brian Knudtson presents “Data Protection is More than Just a Feature” in the SimpliVity Theater
- 3:00 p.m. – Eaton presents “SimpliVity Powered by Eaton Intelligence Power Management” in the Eaton Theater
- 3:00 p.m. – LoginVSI presents “Casinos are for Gambling, VDI is Not – Deploying and Managing SimpliVity in VDI with Confidence” in the SimpliVity Theater
- 4:00 p.m. – Adam Sekora presents in the F5 Theater
- 4:00 p.m. – Hersey Cartwright presents “API/Automation” in the SimpliVity Theater
- 4:30 p.m. – Citrix and Simplivity present “SimpliVity and Citrix Deliver VDI Without Compromise” in the Citrix Booth
- 11:00 a.m. – Citrix and SimpliVity present “SimpliVity and Citrix Deliver VDI Without Compromise” in the SimpliVity Theater
- 11:00 a.m. – Eaton presents “SimpliVity Powered by Eaton Intelligence Power Management” in the Eaton Theater
- 1:00 p.m. – Adam Sekora presents in the F5 Theater
- 1:00 p.m. – Turbonomic presents in the SimpliVity Theater
- 2:00 p.m. – Jesse St. Laurent presents a “TechTalk” in the Intel Theater
- 2:00 p.m. – Alastair Cook presents “Deduplication Fundamentals, Now with Secret Sauce” in the SimpliVity Theater
- 3:00 p.m. – F5 and SimpliVity present “VDI Dodgeball: The top 5 pitfalls to avoid with your VDI deployment” in the SimpliVity Theater
- 4:00 p.m. – Tim Antonowicz presents “Disaster Recovery: The Bacon of SimpliVity” in the SimpliVity Theater
Don’t forget to tweet about SimpliVity’s presentations for a chance to win!