I am a true believer in the power of words. They have the ability to inspire and motivate people, evoking strong emotions and swift actions. For example, Nike’s slogan “Just Do It” encourages me when I am not feeling the desire to start my morning run!
So it is no surprise that I was very excited to help create a short phrase that would capture the brand essence of SimpliVity. We wanted a phrase that would articulate the business impact delivered by the solution, but also make an emotional connection by communicating the personal value.
It was a very collaborative process with participation from across the company, our key analysts and influencers, and the creative geniuses at White Rhino. Some of our customers even provided feedback. Here’s what they had to say about the business value that SimpliVity delivers:
- “Being innovative without breaking the bank” — Danny Yeo, Systems Administrator, Brigham Young University
- “Doing more with less. Reducing our footprint with less infrastructure to maintain” — System Analyst from a utility company
- “No boundaries” — IT System Architect from a higher education organization
- “The data protection realized with very little effort truly is the most amazing part for us” — Chad Benfield, Director of IT, Neil Medical Group
They also shared their thoughts on the personal value of SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure:
- “For me personally, it means less time invested in racking, wiring, and more time taking advantage of the great features that help secure my company’s data—which, in turn, means I’ll get a better night’s sleep knowing my data is safe” — Jason Lewis, Director of IT Infrastructure and Security, Penobscot Community Health Care
- “More interesting projects” — Marcel Czechan, IT Specialist, CEMA GmBH Mannheim
- “I can feel confident that our junior-level tech can handle our servers and storage from day to day” — Chad Benfield, Director of IT, Neil Medical Group
Everyone’s perspectives were invaluable in informing the phrase we finally selected:
Expand Your Possibilities. Not Your Data Center.
It’s only six words, but when combined they pack a lot of power and speak to the business and personal value delivered by SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure.
There is no telling whether our brand essence “Expand your Possibilities. Not Your Data Center.” will have the staying power of Nike’s Just Do It, but it is extremely gratifying to know that SimpliVity is enabling its customers to expand their possibilities—whether that means reducing spend on IT infrastructure, delivering more time for new projects, or spending more time enjoying the weekend.