Why Migrate to Hyper Converged Infrastructure?
Forward-looking IT organizations are implementing Hyperconverged infrastructure to eliminate IT expense and complexity. By consolidating technology and unifying and simplifying administration you can reduce capital equipment and operations expenses, improve reliability and accelerate the pace of innovation.
The Next Generation of Converged Infrastructure: Hyperconvergence
Hyperconverged infrastructure helps you eliminate IT sprawl, simplify operations, improve system availability and data protection, and reduce TCO. But not all hyperconverged infrastructure platforms are the same. Complete hyperconvergence is characterized by:
- Single vendor design, delivery and support. Streamline solution acquisition, deployment, management and support by leveraging one vendor for all IT functions. Reduce complexity, interoperability issues and operational expenses.
- A single shared resource pool. Combine all IT infrastructure and services below the hypervisor into a single shared pool of x86 resources, eliminating discrete IT components.
- Ease of scale. A scalable “building block” approach minimizes upfront investments and tightly aligns ongoing expenses with business demands.
- Global VM-centric management. IT generalists clone, move, backup and restore VMs quickly and easily, freeing up specialists for business innovation.
- Hyper-efficient use of resources. Converge technology stacks; minimize disk I/O, network traffic and storage consumption; free up CPU for business applications.
- Software-centric design. Meet software-defined data center requirements for greater automation and agility.
- Built-in data protection. Accelerate DR and eliminate special-purpose data protection solutions and WAN optimization appliances with built-in VM-level data backup and recovery.
Converged Infrastructure in Your Environment
How can hyperconverged infrastructure help your organization? It is ideal for:
- Data center consolidation, whether you are converging resources within or across data centers, or refreshing or expanding your IT systems.
- Protecting data across your entire enterprise.
- Accelerating tier-1 applications or virtualizing applications.
- Implementing virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI).
- Improving disaster recovery to minimize RPO and RTO times.
- Managing remote or branch office (ROBO) infrastructure.
- Performing a data migration within or across sites.
- Optimizing agile development and test systems.
SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure Solutions
SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure solution is designed from the ground up to meet the increased performance, scalability and agility demands of today’s data-intensive, highly virtualized IT environments. The SimpliVity solution provides a scalable, modular, 2U building block of x86 resources that offers all the functionality of traditional IT infrastructure—in one device, with global VM-centric administration. It assimilates storage, compute, hypervisor, real-time deduplication, compression, and optimization along with comprehensive data management, built-in data protection and automated disaster recovery.
Designed to work with any hypervisor or industry-standard x86 server platform, SimpliVity’s modern data architecture provides a single, shared resource pool across the entire IT stack, eliminating point products and inefficient siloed IT architectures. The solution is distinguished from other converged infrastructure solutions by three unique attributes: guaranteed data efficiency; built-in resiliency, backup, and disaster recovery; and global VM-centric management and mobility.
Leading enterprises around the world rely on SimpliVity to eliminate IT cost and complexity. Learn more about how SimpliVity can help you improve the performance, reliability and economics of your IT infrastructure: