New SimpliVity Integrated Solution with Cisco UCS Delivers The Best of Both Worlds: Cloud Economics With Enterprise Performance, Protection and Functionality
SimpliVity empowers channel partners with new offering and advances its lead in delivering award-winning hyperconverged infrastructure solutions
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF.—August 25, 2014—SimpliVity, a leader in hyperconverged infrastructure for the software-defined data center, announced today at VMworld 2014 that it will release a new version of its OmniStack Data Virtualization Platform to deliver greater flexibility for operating on x86 industry-standard systems. In addition to its own packaging of OmniStack on Dell x86 appliances, offered as OmniCube, SimpliVity will now provide OmniStack Integrated Solution with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) C-Series Rack-Mount systems.
SimpliVity’s OmniStack Integrated Solution with Cisco UCS assimilates eight to twelve core data center functions on Cisco UCS C240 rack-mount servers, including the hypervisor, compute, storage, network switching, backup, replication, cloud gateway, caching, WAN optimization, real-time deduplication and more. Clustering multiple units forms a shared resource pool and delivers high availability and efficient scaling of performance and capacity. Instances of OmniStack-powered hyperconverged infrastructure within and across data centers form a federation that can be globally managed from a single interface via VMware vCenter. OmniStack stands apart with:
- Global policy-based management of workloads in the federation and associated services to deliver automation—making IT more agile and efficient, and reducing operational costs. OmniStack’s VM-centric approach shifts policies from underlying hardware components to workloads, enabling greater mobility and automation.
- Integrated data protection with VM-level backup policies and WAN-optimized replication to a second site or the cloud for disaster recovery contributes to greater resiliency.
- Unparalleled efficiency with OmniStack data virtualization platform. OmniStack manages data segments in 4K to 8K chunks and deduplicates redundant segments before data hits disk to eliminate unnecessary read/write IO. Deduplicating, compressing and optimizing data in real time saves IOPS and capacity on primary storage and throughout the workload’s lifecycle.
- Dramatic TCO savings, with a 3x reduction in costs with OmniStack-powered hyperconverged infrastructure versus traditional siloed infrastructure.
The new OmniStack Integrated Solution with Cisco UCS offering creates new markets for SimpliVity’s channel partners, and allows SimpliVity to broaden its portfolio for end users, including IT organizations that standardize on Cisco hardware.
- SimpliVity to release a new version of OmniStack to support seamless integration with third-party vendors’ x86 platforms, beginning with Cisco UCS C-Series.
- SimpliVity is demonstrating its OmniStack Integrated Solution with Cisco UCS at VMworld 2014 in Booth #1029.
- SimpliVity published a reference architecture for its OmniStack Integrated Solution with Cisco UCS C240.
- OmniStack Integrated Solution with Cisco UCS is available via mutual SimpliVity and Cisco channel partners.
Doron Kempel, chairman and CEO at SimpliVity Corporation
“SimpliVity is thrilled with the market’s response to our unique Data Virtualization Platform. We are not the “first to market,” however, we offer the most complete solution. As we engaged with some of the most sophisticated customers and partners across the globe, demand for an integrated solution with Cisco Unified Computing Systems became a recurring theme. SimpliVity is committed to delivering the best of both worlds: on one hand, x86 cloud economics, reducing TCO by 3x; on the other hand, tier-1 enterprise capabilities: performance, data-efficiency, data protection and global unified management. We are pleased to introduce our OmniStack Data Virtualization Platform, now integrated with Cisco UCS C240 rack-mount servers.”
Arun Taneja, founder, president and consulting analyst at Taneja Group
“Mid-size and large enterprises often have a strategic relationship with a server vendor. SimpliVity’s partnership with Cisco and the availability of OmniStack with the UCS platform will instantly expand its market size by a significant amount. Cisco also benefits in that UCS will now find itself in one of the hottest markets—HyperConvergence. However, the customer is the ultimate winner with a broader choice now available to them.”
Supporting Quotes – Value Added Resellers
Ted Glahn, CEO at ProSys Information Systems, Inc.
“SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure solution is gaining rapid adoption in our market and with our customers. As a long time Cisco partner, we are extremely pleased that SimpliVity’s data virtualization platform can now be delivered with Cisco UCS. The simplicity, ease of use, and material cost savings delivered by this solution is a winning combination.”
Frank Beckereit, lead consultant and line of business manager, Dimension Data
“SimpliVity’s data virtualization platform now delivered on Cisco UCS turns it into an even more powerful hyperconverged solution. This enables Dimension Data to provide significant additional benefits for our customers business as both a global Cisco partner and global SimpliVity partner.”
Kent Christensen, practice director of virtualization and cloud at Datalink
“SimpliVity’s hyperconverged solution coupled with Cisco UCS infrastructure provides IT organizations with a unique, single-platform strategy for consolidating, unifying, and virtualizing environments. Datalink will leverage this solution to help organizations transform their environments to gain greater efficiency, simplify management, and optimize performance. Overall, the combination of SimpliVity and Cisco is a win-win for our customers.”
Hans-Joachim Wurm, director, Computacenter AG & Co oHG
“By strategically aligning with Cisco’s UCS platform, SimpliVity delivers hyperconverged infrastructure that reduces the complexities of the current data center while providing significant cost savings. This is a recipe for success in the partner community, and for customers. A disruptive technology meets an outstanding accepted x86 platform to revolutionize the data center.”
- See a demonstration at booth #1029 at VMworld in San Francisco, California on August 24, 2014 through August 27, 2014.
- Download SimpliVity’s reference architecture for OmniStack Integrated Solution with Cisco UCS C240.
- Follow SimpliVity on our blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+.
Availability and Pricing
OmniStack Integrated Solution with Cisco UCS C240 is expected to ship in November 2014. Pricing starts at $54,850.
SimpliVity delivers the best of both worlds: cloud economics with enterprise performance, protection and functionality. The company provides software-defined infrastructure packaged on industry-standard x86 systems, providing abstraction, pooling and automation of IT resources and services. By assimilating eight to twelve core data center functions, including the hypervisor, compute, storage, network switching, backup, replication, cloud gateway, caching, WAN optimization, real-time deduplication and more, SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure delivers a 3x reduction in TCO. It’s also differentiated by global unified management, integrated data protection, and unparalleled efficiency via deduplication, compression and optimization of data before it hits disk to save IOPS and capacity on primary storage and throughout the workload’s lifecycle. Launched in 2013, SimpliVity is in use at hundreds of enterprises and service providers worldwide, including T-Systems; City of Arvada, Colorado; MLB Network; and Wausau Coated. Headquartered in Massachusetts, SimpliVity’s business model is 100% indirect, and its solutions and professional services are available through its network of worldwide resellers and distributors. For more information, contact us at +1 508-310-1032, email@example.com or www.simplivity.com.