New SimpliVity OmniStack 3.0 Delivers Unparalleled Performance for VDI
Independent organizations validate SimpliVity’s unparalleled desktop density and performance for VDI
WESTBOROUGH, Mass.—October 13, 2015—SimpliVity, a leader in hyperconverged infrastructure revolutionizing enterprise IT, today announced the release of new VDI performance results, validated by the Enterprise Strategy Group and Login VSI. With the highest desktop density in the hyperconverged category, SimpliVity’s OmniStack 3.0 hyperconverged infrastructure delivers the user experience enterprises need without compromising budget or resiliency.
SimpliVity’s VDI solution is powered by the company’s recently announced OmniStack 3.0 Data Virtualization Platform, which made numerous enhancements to scalability and performance for single-site and multi-site deployments.
The solution’s new performance results highlight:
- Superior user experience through unmatched VDI performance
SimpliVity’s solution easily offers peak performance at very high desktop density and eliminates VDI login storms by delivering 1,000 logins in 1,000 seconds – nearly 3x faster than the standard Login VSI benchmark provisioning speed and unparalleled in the hyperconvergence category.
- Linear scalability from pilot to production with cost-efficient VDI deployments
SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure provides simplified, ultra-fast provisioning and scaling for VDI without sacrificing performance:
- Highest desktop density in the hyperconvergence category at 250 desktops per node without compromising budget, user experience, or high availability
- Ultra-fast provisioning: 1,000 desktops deployed in 70 minutes
- Greater CAPEX and OPEX savings by enabling full-clone desktop deployments with the same data efficiency as linked-clones
- Low cost of entry with ability to easily scale from pilot to production, including the ability to bring additional compute and memory to the SimpliVity federation by leveraging existing server investments, an approach which is unique to the industry
- Enterprise-grade data protection and resiliency for VDI workloads
SimpliVity provides built-in backup and disaster recovery capabilities for the entire virtual desktop infrastructure. The solution also ensures resilient, highly available desktop operations with the ability to withstand node failures with no loss of desktops and minimal increase in latency.
OmniStack 3.0 delivers significant enhancements to VDI performance and desktop density to deliver the best of both worlds, enterprise capabilities and cloud economics, leveraging SimpliVity’s unique OmniStack Data Virtualization Platform. Along with VDI, SimpliVity is architected to support a wide-range of mission-critical workloads, from VDI to OLTP databases, Microsoft Exchange, and SAP, for large single-site and multi-site deployments.
- “As the leading retailer of storage and organization products in the US, The Container Store puts high priority on efficiency and simplicity, which is why we sought a partnership with SimpliVity to enhance our IT infrastructure,” said Jay Wehring, Platforms Director, The Container Store. “Since 2014, we’ve deployed 47 hyperconverged systems to support hundreds of employees across the company, including a large VDI deployment in our Customer Solutions Department, which serves our customers via phone, email or online chat. We’ve done this by running VMware View for VDI, apps (including VDI) in our stores, and internal testing and development. We’ve been impressed with SimpliVity and would recommend them as a vendor partner.”
- “The University of Namibia saw the value of SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure just one week after deploying the solution for VDI – increasing our IT performance by 75%,” said Angelo Hammond, System Administrator at the University of Namibia Computer Centre. “Cost-effective VDI was crucial to our implementation, and we needed something in a single, easy-to-manage, scalable package. SimpliVity not only provided those functionalities, but also other key features, including disaster recovery and inline deduplication, compression, and optimization, which put their solution over the top. Plus their customer support is stellar. I have never seen or experienced the level of support from other vendors that SimpliVity provides.”
- “Every virtual machine and application that is critical to our business runs on SimpliVity, including VMware View VDI for all task workers. It all goes over our 100Mbps pipe on 15-minute intervals from Alabama to Texas for secure disaster recovery. It’s amazing and has simplified our IT,” states Jeff Byers, IT Director at High Cotton.
- “SimpliVity continues to make great strides with every release and the new VDI performance results are another testament to their execution excellence,” said Michael Burke, Managing Partner, Virtual Dynamix (VDX). “Their unprecedented desktop density – 250 desktops per node – with high availability and user experience will offer us to offer a more economical solution to our customers without compromising enterprise-grade availability and a consistent end user experience.”
- “More and more enterprises are looking for an alternative to traditional IT infrastructures for deploying VDI. These enterprises want more than just VM mobility, they want data mobility and more control of their infrastructure,” said Colm Keegan, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group, Inc. “Hyperconverged infrastructure is starting to fill that role in the enterprise and will be a game-changer for VDI by allowing enterprises to be more agile, move faster and focus their budgets on what matters – adding business value, not keeping the lights on.”
- “VDI is often plagued by high costs, unsatisfied users, massive complexity, scaling issues, low performance, and high data protection risks,” said Doron Kempel, CEO, SimpliVity. “Only SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure has the power to deliver the high performance, scalability, and availability to solve those problems for VDI without compromising user experience or cost efficiency.”
- Read the ESG Report and blog
- Read SimpliVity’s blog on VDI
- Read more SimpliVity case studies
- Learn more at SimpliVity’s blog
- Follow SimpliVity on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Google+.
Founded with a mission to simplify IT, SimpliVity is a pioneer in the hyperconverged infrastructure market, disrupting the status quo of complex and cumbersome legacy IT systems. SimpliVity’s hyperconverged IT platform delivers enterprise-class performance and availability that today’s IT leaders require, with the cloud economics their business demands. No other company has taken on the mega task of assimilating all IT elements below the hypervisor (8-12 disparate functions) into a simple 2U building block of x86 sharable resources to deliver unmatched IT simplicity, operational efficiency, and 3x TCO savings. The company’s unique data virtualization architecture improves performance, protection and data efficiency, while also enabling global unified management from a single console. SimpliVity has revolutionized IT systems for hundreds of enterprises around the world. Headquartered in Westborough, Mass., the company has raised more than $276 million in venture capital and employs more than 630 worldwide. SimpliVity’s business model is 100 percent indirect, and its solutions and professional services are available worldwide through its network for resellers and distributors. For more information, visit http://www.simplivity.com.
 The industry standard load testing solution for centralized virtualized desktop environments