SimpliVity Adds Support for Cisco UCS Director, Simplifies IT and Cloud Environments
Expanded offering builds upon global customer adoption of SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure solution with Cisco UCS
San Diego, California – June 8, 2015 – Today at Cisco Live! U.S., SimpliVity announced that its leading hyperconverged infrastructure will support Cisco UCS Director to optimize customer private and hybrid cloud environments. Available next quarter, SimpliVity’s hyperconverged solution will support Cisco UCS Director to automate infrastructure management and orchestrate the provisioning of virtual machines (VMs) with native data protection and mobility across all global sites.
SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure assimilates all IT below the hypervisor, including compute, storage, network switching, backup, replication, cloud gateway, caching, WAN optimization, and more into a single platform. SimpliVity’s Data Virtualization Platform creates a single shared scale-out resource pool that deduplicates, compresses and optimizes data at inception across all tiers globally, delivering a median data efficiency of 40:1. Additionally, this unique data architecture provides global unified management, VM-centricity, and mobility – making all automation and orchestration functionalities faster, more efficient, and higher performing.
“Our hyperconverged infrastructure is a perfect fit for the Cisco UCS Director,” said Jesse St. Laurent, vice president, product strategy, SimpliVity. “SimpliVity’s Data Virtualization Platform provides an extremely efficient, scalable and high-performance architecture, further simplifying the Cisco UCS Director’s orchestration capabilities for customers utilizing our hyperconverged infrastructure solution with UCS. Our support for Cisco UCS Director is consistent with our mission to simplify IT. Instead of introducing yet another management paradigm, we work with tools that customers are already using, such as Cisco UCS Director and VMware vCenter.”
Organizations around the Globe Simplify IT with SimpliVity’s Hyperconverged Infrastructure and Cisco UCS
SimpliVity’s support for Cisco UCS Director builds upon the success of SimpliVity OmniStack Integrated Solution for Cisco UCS. Land O’Lakes, Assured Guaranty, Francis Drilling Fluids and the Ville d’Issy-Les-Moulineaux in France, are just a few of the organizations that have chosen SimpliVity’s hyperconverged architecture with Cisco UCS to gain dramatic increases in performance, data efficiency, ease of use, as well as reduce their total cost of ownership.
- “SimpliVity’s hyperconverged solution with Cisco UCS simplifies infrastructure and services below the hypervisor, as well as provides important data center advantages, like managing all virtual machines from a single interface, natively protecting data, and driving significant data efficiency,” said Jason Nord, System Administrator, Land O’Lakes. “Not only does SimpliVity with Cisco UCS provide the unique benefits of hyperconvergence, it also simplifies remote site infrastructure, adding enterprise-grade backup and disaster recovery for mission-critical applications across multiple sites.”
- “We are thrilled with the cost benefits of the combined SimpliVity-Cisco hyperconverged infrastructure solution. We achieved outstanding TCO benefits, consolidated data center rack space, increased our Splunk Enterprise performance by 50%, and deployed built-in backup and disaster recovery,” said Jason Elizaitis, IT Operations, Assured Guaranty, Ltd. “The simplification that comes from hyperconvergence helped us eliminate integration issues and troubleshooting time, and optimized our IT team’s productivity to focus on adding business value, rather than spending time maintaining legacy systems.”
- “As an early adopter of SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure, we’ve seen significant benefits of the solution. SimpliVity reduced our data center footprint from 20U to 4U, increased our application delivery performance by 75%, and lowered operational costs in a major way,” said Steve Schaaf, CTO, Francis Drilling Fluids, Ltd. “When SimpliVity announced the availability of its solution with Cisco, we jumped at the opportunity – now we’re running all of our core applications on the SimpliVity-Cisco platform.”
- “The simplicity, ease of use, and cost savings delivered by the SimpliVity hyperconverged solution with Cisco UCS is far superior to other market solutions we evaluated,” said Jean-Paul Poggioli, IT Manager, Ville d’Issy-Les-Moulineaux. “We can now manage all 40 of our business-critical applications, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange and SharePoint, and Cisco Voice over IP (VoIP) solutions, across multiple data centers from a single screen, with the performance and reliability we need. It’s a winning combination.”
SimpliVity’s solution for UCS is certified as Cisco Compatible and SimpliVity is currently engaged in the IVT certification process for the UCS Director Module. SimpliVity is also a Cisco Preferred Solution Partner and TSANet partner, so customers leveraging SimpliVity’s solutions for Cisco have a one-call support experience.
- Read our blog and see a demo on SimpliVity with Cisco UCS Director
- Read our blog and case study on Francis Drilling Fluids
- Read more SimpliVity case studies
- Learn more at SimpliVity’s blog
- Follow SimpliVity on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Google+.
About SimpliVity Corporation
Founded with a mission to simplify IT, SimpliVity is a pioneer in the hyperconverged infrastructure market, disrupting the status quo of complex and cumbersome legacy IT systems. SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure platform delivers enterprise-class performance and availability that today’s IT leaders require, with the cloud economics their businesses demand. No other company has taken on the mega task of assimilating all IT elements below the hypervisor (eight to 12 disparate functions) into a simple 2U building block of x86 sharable resources to deliver unmatched IT simplicity, operational efficiency, and 3x TCO savings. The company’s unique data virtualization architecture improves performance, protection, and data efficiency, while also enabling global unified management from a single console. SimpliVity has revolutionized IT systems for hundreds of enterprises around the world. Headquartered in Westborough, Mass., the company has raised more than $276 million in venture capital, and employs more than 500 worldwide. SimpliVity’s business model is 100 percent indirect, and its solutions and professional services are available worldwide through its network of resellers and distributors.
For more information, visit http://www.simplivity.com.