SimpliVity Optimizes and Expands the OmniStack Platform for Growing Enterprise Adoption, Unveils Support for Hyper-V
OmniStack Data Virtualization Platform delivers superior intelligence and automation for large enterprises and offers more hypervisor options
Westborough, MA—April 5, 2016—With a surging number of Global 2000 customers, SimpliVity, a leader in hyperconverged infrastructure revolutionizing enterprise IT, today revealed new software enhancements, offerings, and tools to deliver greater productivity, higher availability, and risk mitigation for large and mid-size enterprises. OmniStack 3.5, the next iteration of the transformational technology behind SimpliVity’s hyperconverged solutions and OmniView, a web-based support dashboard with predictive analytics, are fine-tuned to meet the requirements of enterprises with stringent SLAs, optimized IT service delivery, and larger, metro-area deployments. In addition, OmniStack for Hyper-V, an offering supported on Microsoft Windows Server 2016, gives enterprises, particularly those with mixed hypervisor environments, more deployment and management options so they can choose the best solution for their IT infrastructure.
“SimpliVity’s foundational OmniStack Data Virtualization Platform was initially launched after 43 months in development, two to three times longer than other converged IT vendors. This investment allowed us to become the only hyperconverged vendor to assimilate all IT infrastructure below the hypervisor,” said Jesse St. Laurent, vice president of product strategy, SimpliVity. “Now we’ve broadened our portfolio with OmniStack for Hyper-V, in addition to increasing productivity with sophisticated automation and predictive analysis, and delivering greater availability and risk mitigation through expanded multi-site deployment options.”
OmniStack 3.5’s Intelligence and Automation Capabilities Increases Enterprise Productivity
Optimized for large, mission-critical, global enterprise deployments, OmniStack 3.5 is the latest version of SimpliVity’s transformational software technology behind its hyperconverged infrastructure. Key capabilities include:
- The Intelligent Workload Optimizer for first-class performance – OmniStack 3.5 ensures predictable application performance with the new Intelligent Workload Optimizer. By integrating intelligence about storage performance and data locations with vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler, OmniStack 3.5 can smartly migrate VMs to dynamically balance workloads.
- REST API for third party and custom app integration – SimpliVity’s new REST API accelerates the development and integration of third-party solutions and custom applications, utilizing intuitive standards and integrated development environments for rapid prototyping.
- Expanded support for multi-node stretched clusters – OmniStack 3.5’s increased enablement for multi-node stretched clusters mitigates risk, and improves IT availability and resilience by deploying infrastructure across large campus data centers that span multiple sites.
OmniView Increases Enterprise Productivity through Predictive Insights and Automated Analysis
SimpliVity’s new web-based tool, OmniView, provides predictive analytics and trend analysis to customers with Mission Critical support plans, delivering actionable intelligence for optimizing performance and resource utilization, and effectively managing future growth. Features include:
- Customized dashboards for monitoring all worldwide deployments, top to bottom, and rapidly diagnosing performance or latency issues
- Predictive analytics that enable administrators to easily visualize organic growth and anticipate future capacity requirements
- Convenient, secure web access with centralized data analysis and storage in SimpliVity’s support cloud
OmniStack for Hyper-V Provides More Hypervisor Options
Hyper-V is quickly increasing its market penetration and becoming an alternate hypervisor for many businesses, especially those maintaining multi-hypervisor environments. SimpliVity has extended the OmniStack Data Virtualization Platform to support Hyper-V environments within Microsoft Windows Server 2016 to offer more choice and flexibility to these large enterprises. OmniStack for Hyper-V delivers all the same benefits of SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure, including accelerated data efficiency, global unified management, and built-in data protection for Hyper-V based virtual machines running on SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure.
OmniStack 3.5 and OmniView will be generally available on April 18 and timing and availability of OmniStack for Hyper-V is aligned to the planned release of Microsoft Windows Server 2016.
- “SimpliVity just keeps getting better! The ease of managing a SimpliVity virtual environment is second to none. The ability to do file level restores is priceless. In my many years of being a Systems Admin, very few things have made me say ‘Wow! This is like magic!’ SimpliVity has allowed me to run over 50 VMs in a HA configuration, natively backing up mission critical servers every 15 minutes and I’m doing it all in 4U of rack space at less cost than replacing my traditional SAN storage. Oh yes, this is like magic! I can’t wait to see what the next version holds in store,” said Charlene Harsch, Sr. Systems Administrator, MCR Health Services.
- “Users are looking for ways to simplify IT, and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions like SimpliVity are helping users significantly improve operational efficiencies. SimpliVity’s new product enhancements, including the support of OmniStack with Hyper-V inside Microsoft Windows 2016 and a new web-based predictive analytics tool, will provide more flexibility, customization, and intelligence and help accelerate the workloads and use cases that can be moved from legacy to modern IT architectures,” said Stu Miniman, Wikibon senior analyst.
- “Only seven short months after releasing their most robust product since the company was founded, SimpliVity releases enhancements that expose us to a whole new division of the market with Hyper-V, and new capabilities that our users demand. SimpliVity’s constant drive for excellence and innovation makes them an invaluable partner to have in the IT infrastructure space,” said Stephen Oles, managing partner and sales director, Cordicate IT.
- Blog on OmniStack 3.5, OmniView, and OmniStack for Hyper-V
- Learn more at SimpliVity’s blog
- Follow SimpliVity on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Google+
Founded with a mission to simplify IT, SimpliVity is a pioneer in the hyperconverged infrastructure market, disrupting the status quo of complex and cumbersome legacy IT systems. SimpliVity’s hyperconverged IT platform delivers enterprise-class performance and availability that today’s IT leaders require, with the cloud economics their business demands. No other company has taken on the mega task of assimilating all IT elements below the hypervisor (8-12 disparate functions) into a simple 2U building block of x86 sharable resources to deliver unmatched IT simplicity, operational efficiency, and 3x TCO savings. The company’s unique data virtualization architecture improves performance, protection and data efficiency, while also enabling global unified management from a single console. SimpliVity has revolutionized IT systems for hundreds of enterprises around the world. Headquartered in Westborough, Mass., the company has raised $276 million in venture capital and employs more than 750 worldwide. SimpliVity’s business model is 100 percent indirect, and its solutions and professional services are available worldwide through its network of resellers and distributors. For more information, visit http://www.simplivity.com.