SimpliVity Records Enterprise Success and Momentum with Cisco UCS Platform, Reaching 1,000 Systems across Hundreds of Customers, Storing More Than 350 Petabytes
With extraordinary customer and VAR adoption and enthusiasm, market validation, and immense pipeline, SimpliVity has become the leading hyperconvergence vendor for Cisco UCS
Westborough, Massachusetts—February 25, 2016—SimpliVity, a leader in hyperconverged infrastructure revolutionizing enterprise IT, today announced significant enterprise gains for OmniStack Integrated Solution with Cisco UCS – selling more than 1,000 units to date to hundreds of customers, including purchases by Land O’Lakes and Assured Guaranty. In addition, enterprise customers across the globe in healthcare, banking and finance, utilities, entertainment, retail, government agencies, and more, have stored more than 350 petabytes of data on SimpliVity’s platform with Cisco UCS.
“After only five quarters since announcing our partnership—and just three quarters selling with Cisco globally—SimpliVity and its partners have sold 1,000 hyperconverged Cisco UCS systems, storing more than 350 PB of data globally. Together, we’ve led large-scale enterprises to choose SimpliVity in growing numbers and at rapidly increasing installation sizes. Our deals encompass tens and often hundreds of systems, by replacing legacy IT stacks, across sites, with a radically simpler, more transformational solution that delivers all IT infrastructure and data services below the hypervisor,” said Doron Kempel, CEO of SimpliVity. “With a rapidly growing pipeline fueled by growing VAR registrations, SimpliVity is both humbled and pleased with our market momentum to date and future prospects with Cisco and our joint VARs. Lastly, SimpliVity’s validation by analysts and end-users demonstrates that only SimpliVity delivers the efficiency, resiliency, and performance that enterprise customers require, with unprecedented 3x TCO savings – across all market segments.”
Global Enterprise Leaders Move to SimpliVity with Cisco UCS
Some of the largest enterprises have chosen SimpliVity to manage their IT environments, including one of the world’s largest mass media groups, one of the top three global commodity trading firms, a top five global insurance company, one of the largest electric utilities in the US, and one of the three military departments of the US Department of Defense. Some specific examples include:
- European Cloud Services and SaaS Hosting Provider Powers Next-Gen Data Center with SimpliVity – Service provider purchased about 200 systems for SimpliVity’s unique scale-out model, improved operational efficiency, and agility to respond to subscribers with fully-protected VMs.
- Global Media and Entertainment Company Chose SimpliVity for Data Protection and Remote Sites – Mass media leader picked SimpliVity over larger competitors to cost-effectively refresh its aging IT infrastructure at remote sites, support its dev/test environment, and address data protection and backup challenges.
- One of the Globe’s Largest Renewable Energy Generator Realizes Massive TCO Reduction with Robust App Performance – Energy provider runs all business-critical applications on 32 OmniStack solutions with Cisco UCS in remote, distributed wind farms, which reduced the time/resources to complete tasks by 2X and achieved superior reliability with data protection, giving a 10X improvement in RPOs.
- Large Development Bank in India Leverages SimpliVity for VDI and Core Banking – Financial services customer purchased 20 systems to improve performance and disaster recovery for all banking apps, VDI, and dev/test, improving performance and operational efficiency.
- Leading Travel Commerce Platform Provider Utilizes SimpliVity for Data Center Modernization – Leader in the global travel and tourism industry turned to SimpliVity to consolidate and simplify its IT infrastructure and launch a private cloud on premises.
- Global 100 Financial Services Company Chooses SimpliVity for Massive Data Center Overhaul – Financial services firm standardizes on OmniStack for all hyperconverged workloads, deploying about 250 OmniStack systems with Cisco UCS across the globe.
SimpliVity remains the only hyperconverged infrastructure provider to combine all the functionality of an entire data center stack below the hypervisor—including compute, storage, network switching, replication, backup and more—onto industry-standard x86 hardware. SimpliVity offers its solution with Cisco UCS, the fastest-growing x86 server platform, to give Cisco customers all the benefits of SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure – 3x total cost of ownership savings, accelerated data efficiency, built-in data protection, and global unified management – on their preferred platform.
- Learn more about SimpliVity with Cisco UCS
- Read more SimpliVity case studies
- Learn more at SimpliVity’s blog
- Follow SimpliVity on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Google+.
Founded with a mission to simplify IT, SimpliVity is a pioneer in the hyperconverged infrastructure market, disrupting the status quo of complex and cumbersome legacy IT systems. SimpliVity’s hyperconverged IT platform delivers enterprise-class performance and availability that today’s IT leaders require, with the cloud economics their business demands. No other company has taken on the mega task of assimilating all IT elements below the hypervisor (8-12 disparate functions) into a simple 2U building block of x86 sharable resources to deliver unmatched IT simplicity, operational efficiency, and 3x TCO savings. The company’s unique data virtualization architecture improves performance, protection and data efficiency, while also enabling global unified management from a single console. SimpliVity has revolutionized IT systems for hundreds of enterprises around the world. Headquartered in Westborough, Mass., the company has raised $276 million in venture capital and employs about 750 worldwide. SimpliVity’s business model is 100 percent indirect, and its solutions and professional services are available worldwide through its network of resellers and distributors. For more information, visit http://www.simplivity.com.