The Industry’s Most Complete Guarantee
Only SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure delivers the enterprise-class performance, protection, and resiliency that you require, with the cloud economics your business demands.
As a proof-point of our platform maturity and what our capabilities can do for our customers, we offer the industry’s most complete guarantee including data efficiency, protection, simplicity, management and availability.
The Five Guarantees
If you use SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure and its built-in VM-centric backup capability as outlined1, you will save2 90% capacity, across storage and backup combined, relative to comparable2 traditional solutions.
If you use SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure and its built-in backup capability, it will take less than 1 minute3, on average, to complete a local backup or local restore of a 1TB VM.
Using SimpliVity’s user interface which is fully integrated with VMware vCenter, you only need 3 clicks4 to Back up, Restore, Move, or Clone a VM, all from a single console.
Using SimpliVity’s user interface in a central location, in less than a minute on average, you will be able to create or update backup policies for 1000’s of VMs across dozens of sites.
You will be able to add or replace SimpliVity OmniStack systems:
- without any downtime for local or remote sites
- without any disruption to local or remote SimpliVity backups
- without any reconfiguration of SimpliVity backup policies for local or remote sites
- without the need to re-enter any IP addresses in remote sites
No separate contracts. No additional steps. These guarantees are available to all customers who use SimpliVity OmniStack version 3.0 or higher and are covered under the standard SimpliVity product warranty which is valid for 90 days after delivery of the product to the customer. The warranty is described in the SimpliVity End User License Agreement that can be downloaded at https://www.simplivity.com/eula. To receive warranty service, customers must register at http://www.simplivity.com/support at any time during the warranty period.
- The savings/efficiency are based on the assumption that you configure a backup policy to take at least one SimpliVity backup per day of every virtual machine on every SimpliVity system in a given VMware Datacenter with those backups retained for 30 days. If backups are performed more frequently and/or retained for a longer period, you will enjoy even greater efficiency. The data change rate is assumed to be up to 5% per day with up to 30% growth rate of the data over a duration of 30 contiguous days.
- 90% savings is the equivalent of 10:1 efficiency in the Datacenter panel in the SimpliVity tab within the vSphere Client. Efficiency is calculated across all SimpliVity systems in a VMware Datacenter. It’s the ratio of storage capacity that would have been used on a comparable traditional storage solution to the physical storage that is actually used in the SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure. ‘Comparable traditional solutions’ are storage systems that provide VM-level synchronous replication for storage and backup and do not include any deduplication or compression capability.
- Time taken by applications to quiesce data is not included in the 1 minute because it is not in SimpliVity’s control.
- Assumes that the user is starting from the view/tab in the interface that shows the VMs or backups that are being acted on. Changing default destinations are not counted in the 3 clicks.